Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Out of curiosity...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    wow mike jones is bein a total ****


    i worked at a place like that SBG, it was a call center but you had to dress in pants and collared shirts every day

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    Who pi$$ed in your wheaties? We live in the USA. I can ***** if I want and so can anybody else.
    Is this the same place that when I came from work I would have to see folks with carboard signs waving at me. Your **** right it's the USA. I don't want to read your **** signs about your problems at work. I'm driving by covered with mud and grease and some ******* wants to wave a sign at me about how bad a is air conditioned job is. Yeh OK. So they want you dress Professional? Is that what the Bellyache is about?


    Biggin didn't you start a thread about not posting in non sports again because your dreams of changing the wrongs in the world was smashed or something?
    GO VOLS

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    That's your opinion, mike, and you're entitled to it. Just the same way I'm entitled to bitćh about a job that I put in 40 a week for. And if by cardboard signs you mean when we're on strike or informational picketing we have the right to do it. And it's not about the job but how the company would like to treat us. That's the benefit of having a union job. And since it is the USA you have the right to look the other way and not read the d?mn signs. It's the same way with people who complain about certain threads on here. Don't like it? Don't read it. It's as simple as that. And please don't get me wrong, I completely respect you or anybody who labors away on a physical job. My dad used to come home black from coal dust so I completely respect that. And the bellyache is only about the dress code so far as it not having been enforced for the first nine years I've been there and then an incident hundreds of miles away in another state causes them to decide to enforce it company wide. Why should I suffer for something that happened where people choose to be a$$holes? And yes I suffer because I'm overweight and retain heat to an unbearable degree. (And yes I know there are ways to fix that and I am trying.) Then they decided to tell us we could no longer user personal electric corded fans at our stations because of yet again another incident that happened in another state. Then they decide to set the thermostat and say it is NEVER to be changed so it's not as "air conditioned" as it used to be. It's to the point that women who used to freeze year round and wrap up in blankets are bringing in battery powered fans. We good now?

    Yeah, biggin, we have to wear polo shirts, jeans/slacks, and appropriate shoes. I would pay money to be able to wear shorts and sandals again. Sigh...the good old days. lol
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    Don't know what the hell mj's prob is, pretty much being a douche to SBG who's always been a really cool ass guy.


    On the topic, it's sounds like some bull, but got to to what you got to do for the dollar. Will they be enforcing it pretty strictly like with Unchaineds job? Which btw I comment him on, I seriously am too lazy to go through all that for just the uniform part of the job. That'd get old, quick!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    A rock fell on a guy from BSG the other day while he was working. Is wearing a nice shirt and no personal fan really such a bad thing. I will go ahead and admit I was a little outta line with previous comments. It's just the things we choose to complain about these day blows my mind sometimes.
    GO VOLS

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Don't know what the hell mj's prob is, pretty much being a douche to SBG who's always been a really cool ass guy.


    On the topic, it's sounds like some bull, but got to to what you got to do for the dollar. Will they be enforcing it pretty strictly like with Unchaineds job? Which btw I comment him on, I seriously am too lazy to go through all that for just the uniform part of the job. That'd get old, quick!

    For what they pay me,it is well worth it-not to mention adding another 33% or so to your salary via great health benefits. You'll not find alot of jobs around here that start a rookie near 30K, then throw in a 10% raise once he passes his year probationary,and usually (not as of late with the economy sucking-will turn again though) a yearly 5% cost of living raise.Figure in the cost of the same great insurance on the street,not to mention the state adding money to your retirement along with yours,and it's really not a bad way to make a living. Having said that,it is alot of crap to deal with sometimes (lots of folks quit fast because they can't handle it-have hired alot of millitary guys who have said "screw this" and walked out-12 hours is a long time to do any shift much less banging heads with those thugs). No disrecpect to the man or woman who works fast food,Wally World..etc (have done that and I salute anybody who gets off their arse and works for a living),but I am glad that I am not doing that anymore (although I would in a heartbeat if it meant feeding my family/paying the bills). That "Customer is always right" BS isn't my thing. The convict isn't always right,and that works for me
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_MikeJones View Post
    Is this the same place that when I came from work I would have to see folks with carboard signs waving at me. Your **** right it's the USA. I don't want to read your **** signs about your problems at work. I'm driving by covered with mud and grease and some ******* wants to wave a sign at me about how bad a is air conditioned job is. Yeh OK. So they want you dress Professional? Is that what the Bellyache is about?


    Biggin didn't you start a thread about not posting in non sports again because your dreams of changing the wrongs in the world was smashed or something?
    i said i was never going to post my personal opinions anymore, i just stated facts

    you WERE being a ****, and I DID work at a place that had the situation exactly the same as SBG is describing.

    you dont like your job? not SBG's fault

  8. #18
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    Unchained don't they put so much a year into a retirement fund for you all to. Somebody was telling me about it but I may have misunderstood him.
    GO VOLS

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    They match you if you go deferred comp. It is a dang good thing.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #20
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Out of curiosity...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    i said i was never going to post my personal opinions anymore, i just stated facts

    you WERE being a ****, and I DID work at a place that had the situation exactly the same as SBG is describing.

    you dont like your job? not SBG's fault
    Do you know it's not his fault for a fact? If someone was working with him they didn't get along and the person hated their job because of it. Well depending on why they don't get along it could be his fault.

    If the comment about not liking your job is pointed at me can you please quote me were i said I didn't like my job on this thread.
    GO VOLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •